CLUB 500


Read More & Join Today

Season 2019/20 In Pictures

Look Back Over Our League 1 Season

Season 19/20 Photos

Playing & Coaching Staff

Montrose FC People

Next Match


Match Details

......Montrose FC Main Sponsor

Montrose FC Partners

Next Match

Montrose v Unknown
Ladbrokes SPFL League 1

Final League 1 Table 2019/20

Team   P 
Raith Rovers
28 53
28 52
28 48
28 47
East Fife
28 38
28 34
27 26
Forfar Athletic
28 24
27 16


Montrose 1 Cowdenbeath 2

MONTROSE'S search for a first win of the season continued as Cowdenbeath came from behind to take all three points at Links Park.

The home side had taken the lead a minute before half time when Gary Fraser was fouled in the box by Nicolay Todorov. FRASER stepped up to take the penalty kick himself, sending visiting goalkeeper David McGurn the wrong way with his low shot.

But Cowdenbeath managed to find an equaliser in first half stoppage time, GARY GLEN bulleting home a diving header from Dean Brett's cross to the penalty spot.

The Blue Brazil scored what proved to be the winning goal nine minutes into the second half. Glen found himself through on goal after beating Michael Bolochoweckyj, but Allan Fleming managed to save the striker's shot. The ball rolled to the back post, where KRIS RENTON was on hand to fire home.

The match was a scrappy affair throughout, both sides struggling to create chances and to retain possession. Brett was the first to test the opposing goalkeeper, Fleming holding the ball low.

At the other end, Bolochoweckyj shot at McGurn from eight yards out, while Terry Masson cut inside and had a 25-yard shot well tipped over.

Iain Campbell also came close to scoring for Montrose from long range, his 25-yard free kick held by McGurn.

Renton should have put Cowdenbeath in front in the 35th minute when he had time and space to control the ball in the box, but he skied his shot when it looked easier to score.

The second half produced few chances, but Bolochoweckyj came close with a volley from the edge of the box, while Ross Campbell's weak header was easily held by McGurn in the 78th minute.

As the match came to a close, a late Montrose rally almost found an equaliser, Masson crashing a shot off the junction of the post and crossbar. Chris Templeman launched himself at the rebound, but his diving header was held on the line by McGurn.

The final chance of the match fell to Iain Campbell, the full back collecting a cleared ball from a corner and firing a shot wide of the post from the edge of the box.


Contact Us

Links Park Stadium

Wellington Street
Angus DD10 8QD

Tel: 01674 673200

Fax: 01674 677311
Operations Manager: 01674 673200